Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Ice Pack  (Read 1797 times)

Offline angela

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • I can resist anything but temptation
Ice Pack
« on: June 27, 2004, 11:34:55 PM »
Dear All
I thought I'd let you know about this ingenious practical yet cost effective tip my boyfriend came up with.

As most of us have to ice our knees, I thought it might be usefull.

Use ice cube bags from the supermarket, they are about 99p for 250.  
They are maluable, so they fit the contores of the injured area perfectly, cheap, reusable, and they don't drip!  

Brillance pure brilliance     ;D

Love
Angie

PS has anyone got anyideas of how I can carry plates from one room to another on crutches?  I am having to rely on my 3 yr old son
2 arthroscopies, TTT & LR Left Knee, awaiting TTT & LR Right knee, as well as O A in both joints.  I am a mother of 2 boys and a mental health nursing student

Offline heather k from wales

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ouch!!
Re: Ice Pack
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 01:48:46 AM »
Try an office chair on castors, or if you have a small coffee table, buy some castor wheels and screw them onto the legs.  This idea works well on wood/laminate/tiled flooring.  But when its a deep pile carpet, you'd be better eating out of a nose bag! ;), sorry no tips for carpet!.
Also if you have some non slip matting, place it onto a tray before the plate gets put on.  We all know the quick, split second reactions we have when the plate starts to slip, You can easily tweek your knee with something as simple as that sudden reaction.

Take care,

Heather
91 Mangled Right knee on trials motorbike
94 Meniscus Repair
95 ACL/LCLrec,notchplasty,bone graft
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Ch'plasty, ACLdeb,Suprapatella mbr ex, haematoma
04 Scope
March 06 Scaphoid op/bone graft
Nov 07 Thyroid Cancer ops x 2, radiation

Offline Cathy K

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 08:40:07 PM »
After a while, I got good at holding the plate in my hand while walking with the crutches.  It took a while, but it was better than always having to ask for help!
Fell off horse during jumping lesson
Tibial Plateau fx right leg- 2" hole, meniscus tear- 10/29/02
Surgery- bone graft from hip, plate & 5 screws- 10/31/02
PT- 11/6/02 to 3/14/03 & 4/30/04 to ?

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 06:25:39 AM »
Get those Ziploc Tabletop things, the plates with lids that Ziploc makes. Then just put it in a bag and carry it, or have your son carry it... less chance for a 3yo to spill it. eating out of tupperware - also put on lid to transfer -works too, even though it'd be hard to explain to someone who's never had to navigate a meal alone, and didnt want to eat standing at the counter.

multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.