Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: electronic muscle stimulators.... anyone got one??  (Read 2577 times)

Offline BigDogBob1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
electronic muscle stimulators.... anyone got one??
« on: September 24, 2002, 01:24:00 AM »
Hi - When I go for my PT sometimes he'll use a small electronic muscle stimulator just to get things going.

Has anyone got one?  Do you know where I can get one for using at home/ work?

Thanks

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: electronic muscle stimulators.... anyone got o
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 02:55:11 AM »
Hi!
I have one-I got it from my PT. My quad muscles are pretty much nonexistant since my TTT so it's a real benefit to have one at home. 11 weeks post-op and I STILL can't do straight leg raises without stim first!! Ask your PT about it-they can usually get one for you.
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 03:54:30 AM »
I have one as well.  Mine's great because it has two programs: one to build the quad like in PT, and the other to send little pulses and disrupt the pain signals to keep severe pain under control.

Mine is a BMR NT2000, and my neurologist prescribed it so my insurance bought it for me.  You should talk to your PT or OS about who supplies these units in your area.  I highly recommend the NT2000 because of the dual programs and the FOUR huge electrode pads.  My PT says it's the nicest he's seen.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

Offline BigDogBob1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2002, 10:02:25 PM »
Hello again.

I've been out and bought a little hand held EMS unit.  Cost less than 100.  I seem to be getting some good results.  A little pain relief and some actual muscle growth (VMO) used along with my exercises.  Will keep you posted I've only used it for about a week.
Just got to remember to turn the power dial the right way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :o :o :o

support