Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 2 weeks post op  (Read 869 times)

Offline amy1

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
2 weeks post op
« on: June 14, 2004, 07:31:37 AM »
I am two weeks post op partial meniscus removal and mircofracture (back of the patella. I have been good about doing my hamstring stretches, quad strengthening and cpm machine. Using the machine, I can go from 0 to 90 with minimal to no discomfort. I have been able to get around with partial weightbearing for about a week. Today, I was able to walk for short distances (bed to master bath) without crutches. I still have a noticeable limp but all in all am not feeling that bad. I was able to drive my son to his friends house yesterday without a problem. That was my first time behind the wheel since my surgery. Of course it helps that the surgery was on my left knee.  My husband still is doing the grocery shopping and the kids are pitching in with the housework. However, I am starting to do some small things by myself. It felt so wonderful to be able to regain some of my independence.  My next appointment with the doctor is in 10 days.
6/2004 partial lateral meniscus removal and microfracture left knee
7/13/05  open lateral release, medial plication, spur removal right knee
12/06  re do proximal realignment right knee (scar tissue formed ) 5 days post op - fell and fractured elbow
08/2009 - feeling good so far work 50 hrs a week