Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Patella tendon injury  (Read 1069 times)

Offline biged

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Patella tendon injury
« on: June 05, 2004, 02:41:15 AM »
 :)
Hey my name is Ed
I tore both of my patella tendons in both knees about 6 weeks ago. The surgury went well and now I'm on the road to recovery.  I was wondering if anyone that may be further along than me might be able to shed some light on what my recovery might be like?
Thanks!

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 114
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Patella tendon injury
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 04:24:29 PM »
AS this is not such a common injury, it may help you to use the 'SEARCH' facility in the menus above. Type 'patellar tendon rupture' and click the option 'match as phrase'. You will see the posts from people with this problem and can private message them for advice.
Also try 'torn patellar tendon', 'torn patella tendon', etc but remember to 'match as phrase'.
--
KNEEguru

Offline gtc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 06:00:27 PM »
About 20 months ago I suffered a complete rupture of the patella tendon of the left knee.  I had a very good OS and the repair was accomplished by drilling holes in the patella bone and stretching the torn tendon and threading strands into the holes.  The recovery was slow; my leg was in hard cast up to the hip for 7 weeks and after it came off I only had 4% Range.  The PT was excellent but very painful because I had developed extensive scar tissue in and around the joint.  I attended PT 3 times a week for six months and was able to walk without a limp after 3.5 month of PT now I can do just about everything but run (I can jog lightly).  I wish you the best ... it will get better.  Trust me! ;)

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 02:34:30 AM »
Here is a link to a thread in the Patella-Femoral Joint section that is pages and pages and pages long. It is all about patella tendon ruptures.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=8389.0

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

support