Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Back after leukaemia treatment, new injuries - lateral meniscus tear  (Read 274 times)

Offline Puffy the Knee Slayer

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 14
Hello,

I have not been on here for a very long time and doubt anyone remembers me. I was previously talking about fat pad impingement and PFS. There were a couple of people I used to chat to a fair bit on here.

In 2019 I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia and was in treatment with chemo for a long time. I had foot drop after a stay in ICU but thankfully that recovered eventually. I have been trying to get fit again but not easy with lockdown and having to shield (I'm CEV).

Before I got sick, I found a really good sports physio who helped so much I managed to climb to the top of St Paul's in 2018, but after ICU I had to learn to walk again.

Currently I have injured my other knee - "horizontal tear through the anterior horn of the lateral meniscus with a component extending vertically to the superior margin of the meniscus" -  did that in December 2021, and in May 2022 injured my ankle, the hospital said it was just a sprain, but my physio did an ultrasound scan and it's an avulsion fracture as well as 3 ruptured ligaments, yay!

My physio is really good and I trust him to rehab both knees and the ankle and get me back to fitness again, but it is just a bit miserable at the moment.
06/07 ankle sprain - collapsed arch
01/08 fall doing physio
06/09 MRI fat pad impingement
01/13 MRI medial meniscal tear
03/15 - decent orthotics
01/15 MRI - pes anseurine bursitis, SPL fat pad impingement, PFMaltracking
Cortisone 04/15; 03/16; 06/16; 08/15 Cortisone+Duralane; 10/16 Cortisone+Botox

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 69
Hi Puffy!

I guess you used to hang out here before my days, but still nice to have you back  :)

You have had some tough years indeed!

Hopefully the physio can help you get back into decent shape.

Please keep us updated on how things develop!
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

support