Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Numb underneath foot after HTO help  (Read 176 times)

Offline TexasPete77

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Numb underneath foot after HTO help
« on: April 01, 2022, 07:33:00 PM »
Hi, just after some advice please.

I've recently had surgery on my right knee to correct a varus deformity. Ever since I've woken up from the operation, the foot underneath is numb and hyper sensitive with pins and needles constantly. The top of the foot is perfectly fine. I was told by the surgeon when i woke up that my tibia fractured during the process of the HTO but they managed to fix it. They mentioned my numbness is probably the foot block wearing off. But it's been 2 weeks now.

I also can point my toes towards me but I cannot curl my toes down at all but i can circle the foot all ok. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or any advice on what I could be if possible.

Many thanks

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 68
Re: Numb underneath foot after HTO help
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 05:51:59 PM »
Hi Peter,

Sounds a bit weird, probably it will get better with time, but please contact your surgeon about this. 2 weeks are too long for a nerve block to wear off.

Keep us updated!
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

support