Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Pain right under knee-Post op 5 months from fulkerson Osteotomy  (Read 187 times)

Offline alana1313

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain right under knee-Post op 5 months from fulkerson Osteotomy
« on: December 03, 2021, 04:55:32 AM »
Hi. I am having really bad pains just under my knee on my shin. I don't got to the doctor until 12/10. I dislocated my right knee July of 2020 from playing softball. In July 14, 2021 I had a fulkerson osteotomy and a lateral release done. I can't put my knee on the ground because really bad pain in my shin area. These past 3 weeks I have been getting more and more pain that puts me into tears. It feels like my shin is on fire and feels like it is being torn apart. I am been taking ibuprofen multiple times a day and icing it and don't feel like its working. Not sure what's going on in there.

Offline Dave33

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 26
Re: Pain right under knee-Post op 5 months from fulkerson Osteotomy
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 04:51:14 PM »
Yikes, that's no good. Sorry to hear about the discomfort.

Was there any sort of trauma prior to when it started hurting? The area of the knee that you're feeling pain in is exactly where the bone work was done to reposition your kneecap. I do know that some people develop pain due to the screws themselves, and they need to be removed to alleviate.

Basically, you need imaging to start eliminating possibilities. X rays would be the first step, I'd think.

Wishing you the best.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 04:53:57 PM by Dave33 »

Offline alana1313

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 06:37:24 AM »
I will get an x-ray done next week. I don't think I injured it again. But I was pulling stuff at work and I twisted and felt my knee pop. But the doctor released me to work with no restrictions and I still try to take it easy. If I can get the screws out, that won't until Jan. They said the screws need to stay in for 6 months.

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 06:33:11 PM »
How are you feeling now? Please keep us updated!
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

support