Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Question About This Forum?  (Read 429 times)

Offline Sbh77

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Question About This Forum?
« on: November 20, 2021, 12:54:40 AM »
Is there an orthopedic surgeon/doctor to ask questions to or consult with in this forum?

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 115
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Question About This Forum?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 12:00:58 PM »
Hi
I regret that we do not encourage surgeons to respond directly to the forum - mostly because of rules in different countries where such response is seen as constituting a 'doctor-patient relationship' with the legalities that involves.
We are in touch with many surgeons, and we ask them for assistance if the question is very complicated.
How can we help?
Sheila
--
KNEEguru

Offline Sbh77

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 09:49:42 PM »
Hi
I regret that we do not encourage surgeons to respond directly to the forum - mostly because of rules in different countries where such response is seen as constituting a 'doctor-patient relationship' with the legalities that involves.
We are in touch with many surgeons, and we ask them for assistance if the question is very complicated.
How can we help?
Sheila

Hi,

My knee started maltracking and kept wanting to pop out, so I recently(4 months ago) got a tibial osteotomy but it still feels like its maltracking and unstable.  Despite these symptoms post-op, is it still a low chance that my knee pops out?

Offline Dave33

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 03:32:55 AM »
Despite these symptoms post-op, is it still a low chance that my knee pops out?

Hi - I'm definitely not a doctor, but I've had two tibial osteotomies - and if yours went the same mine did, at 4 months, you probably had some muscle loss in the vmo and other areas around the knee, both prior to the surgery, and afterwards, as you were largely immobile for periods during the rehab.

It would not surprise me if if your knee would begin to feel more stable once these muscle groups in time activate more effectively. They all work in concert (along with your osteotomy) to keep the kneecap tracking in the middle of the trochlea.

So once again, definitely get an medical opinion, but I can confirm I had the same feelings of instablity and weakness at 4 months post.

All the best

support