Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Is this osteoarthritis?  (Read 344 times)

Offline mil1234

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Is this osteoarthritis?
« on: September 21, 2021, 09:39:00 PM »
I am a 21 year old female. I used to be anorexic and bad a pretty bad exercise addiction - running around 20km daily. Now running about 7 km a day and have lately been feeling like there is some sort of strange feeling when I folded my leg at the knee and straightened it out back . Its hard to describe , its like how its a crankiness with the worn out door hinges , sort of !

Also have a pain inside my left knee joint that hurts when I am twisting, pretty sure it is a lateral meniscus tear but I can't remember what I did to it-so this is also adding to my fear of osteoarthritis.

I don't have any major pain in knees after running but if I place my hand on the knee cap and then bend my knee and straighten out , I can feel the vibrations like how a door hinge gives a vibration as we move the door. Really concerned. Please help!

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 453
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Is this osteoarthritis?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:36:20 PM »
Have you seen a healthcare professional for a thorough examination, you canít really get a diagnosis online without.
Inside of knee could be a medial meniscus issue (rather than lateral, which would be the outside or a the knee) or an MCL. If itís around the kneecap, it could be chondromalacia patella (softening of the cartilage on the back of the kneecap) or other symptoms of patellofemoral syndrome (aka runners knee)

See a doctor :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffaís fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone

support