Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: LEG WITH INJURED KNEE LARGER AFTER WORKING OUT FOR A WEEK  (Read 315 times)

Offline VictorInFlorida

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
LEG WITH INJURED KNEE LARGER AFTER WORKING OUT FOR A WEEK
« on: September 10, 2021, 07:59:26 AM »
I had arthroscopic knee surgery on my left knee 3 months ago. I tried letting it heal by sleeping a lot and only walking on it. After 3 months, it was still not healing. So, I decided to get blood flowing to my left knee joint by going to the gym and working out my legs. I do 10 minutes on the Arc Trainer, 10 minutes on a stationary bicycle, and 10 minutes on a rowing machine. This has all been easy on my knee and my knee joint feels stronger and I'm having less pain after one week of working out. I work out once in the morning and once at night. After one week of working out my legs, I've noticed that my left leg is noticeably larger than my healthy right leg. The calf is larger and the thigh area is also larger on my left leg than on my right leg. I am not putting more pressure on my left leg, so I'm confused why my left leg is bigger. It doesn't feel swollen or in pain. It's just bigger.

Offline kneegeek2020

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 3
Re: LEG WITH INJURED KNEE LARGER AFTER WORKING OUT FOR A WEEK
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 10:42:41 AM »
So you are complaining that your "injured knee" is stronger?  huh?

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 453
  • Neelie knee!
Re: LEG WITH INJURED KNEE LARGER AFTER WORKING OUT FOR A WEEK
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 10:55:30 AM »
Larger rather than stronger compared to other.  Think heís asking why it could be, rather than actually complaining.
Iíd check with the physiotherapist. Have you actually measured with a tape measure? Get it objectively checked and monitored.
Maybe itís just because youíve been focusing on rehab on that side and need to balance. Did you actually lose bulk post op?
Assume the stronger refers to how itís feeling compared to pre op?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:12:45 PM by vickster »
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffaís fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone