Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Complications after TTO  (Read 287 times)

Offline slink123

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Complications after TTO
« on: September 04, 2021, 09:35:13 PM »
hi there - I had a bilateral TTO 18 months ago, I have developed Pes Anserine bursitis and sinus tarsi impingement in my ankles since.  I believe this is due to a newly positioned tibia/fibula - or one that is being pulled in a new direction after my TTO.

I can manage the ankle pain with orthotics but the bursitis is not getting better - I am at a loss and incredibly frustrated.   I have done a lot of physio and cortisone which is limited in its effect.

I dont know whether to look at reversing the TTO and getting my patella resurfaced? Im not so keen on any soft tissue surgery as they always go horribly wrong on me.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 68
Re: Complications after TTO
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 05:54:29 PM »
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you have developed these issues since your TTO. I have read quite a lot about possible complications etc. after TTO. But I have never heard about this. Not on this board or in the literature.

How is you knee? Did the TTO help in that regard? And what does the OS who did the TTO say about the bursitis/ankles?
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment