Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACL advice, please help! 9 months post op and PT has told me the knee has laxity  (Read 301 times)

Offline Clare White

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Good afternoon everyone,

I am new to this amazing site but am hoping for some advice/reasuurance.

I ruptured the ACL playing Netball and am hoping that I will get back to playing - although this seems further away than ever right now.

I am 9 months post ACL reconstruction with hamstring graft. All has been going really well, knee felt strong and stable and I had started couch to 5k on the PT instructions.

Last month I ran further than before and woke up the next day with swollen painful knee. I had a massive panic and booked an emergency appointment with my OS. He confirmed no damage to the graft and a negative Lachman and pivot shift test. I came away relieved and knew I needed to get back in to full PT.

My new PT tested the knee yesterday and said that there is laxity to the knee and that she hasn't come accross an ACL repair with that much laxity before! More panic and worry all night and this morning.

Does anyone have any advice on this? any reassurance at this stage would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
Clare

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 453
  • Neelie knee!
Can you get an MRI to check?
Has the PT spoken to the surgeon about her findings and concerns?
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffa’s fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone

Offline Clare White

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Can you get an MRI to check?
Has the PT spoken to the surgeon about her findings and concerns?

Hi,

I haven't booked an MRI as yet am hoping to speak to my surgoen this week. My new PT is not connected to the hospital where I had the op so no she hasn't discussed this with him, but said that if I was worried I should book in. Which of course made me worry more!