Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ADVICE  (Read 81 times)

Offline Tisme

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
ADVICE
« on: May 03, 2021, 05:00:46 PM »
I damaged my knee 10 month ago no swelling just severe sharp shooting pain a couple of days after a hike. I've hiked years so it's not a new past time to me. I suspect it was due to steep downhill accents ? I phoned GP still not seen anyone on NHS just excercises over the phone and still on a waiting list for x Ray. I've gone to private physio and osteo in the meantime layed off walking done excercises. I thought it was getting better. Private physio thought it was a ligament tear. Private osteo said tight quads. I'm now fed up. I've phoned NHS they said a backlog due to covid. I cant carry on scared to do anything as pain is sharp across kneecap and un bearable when it starts.  The NHS can't move any quicker I cant afford Private. I would have expected it to be better by now. I'm not sure what it is. NHS telephone diagnosis was patella femoral. Yet after 10 months it should be better ? It's happened twice today once when stood still it was a burning pain with sharp stabbing across side knee cap. The second time I was sat in reclining chair and it was a sharp pain across knee cap. I will phone NHS again to see how much longer til x Ray. Any ideas.

support