Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Torn meniscus  (Read 134 times)

Offline símiley_despite_all

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Torn meniscus
« on: April 17, 2021, 08:42:26 AM »
Last year, I sustained a knee injury, or a meniscus tear to be more precise.

I tried to care for my knee as soon as possible, but I could only start a treatment about four months later.

And now, even four months since the beginning of the treatment, my knee hasn't healed yet.

I know it because the area is still a bit sensitive, and I can't walk with too much impact.

Besides of that, I can at times feel something on the left of the knee (apparently, the synovial membrane) 'vibrating', which seems to be a sign of inflammation.

I would like to know if other people who have unstable knees also feel this 'vibration' (as formerly described), and while at this, I'm also interested in knowing what other symptoms do people with a 'joint condition' experience, so that I am aware if or when the degeneration in my knees is progressing.

Regards to all.

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 424
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Torn meniscus
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 09:39:10 AM »
Have you had a scan? Meniscus tears may or may not heal depending on type, size, location, cause, whether tissue is caught in the joint

Common issues of degeneration, or arthritis can be pain, aching, swelling, stiffness, crunching, change in the shape or alignment of the knee, locking, giving way, loss of range of motion, weakness

There are good meniscus and arthritis primers in the learning portfolio, as well as other resources and articles

https://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/learning-portfolio#Primers
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:09:36 AM by vickster »
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffa’s fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone

support