Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Tendinosis after Scope  (Read 151 times)

Offline HarryPlopper

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tendinosis after Scope
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:24:29 AM »
I trained for a marathon in 2019 (60+ mpw) and developed patellar tendinosis. After lots of PT, rest, cycling, swimming, nitroglycerin, etc. The tendinopathy caused some left hip issues too.

After getting an MRI, I found out I had developed a loose body and went to have them removed arthroscopically in Jan 2021. Right before the surgery, I developed PFPS in my left knee. I decided my marathon days were over and decided to switch to triathlons.

The surgery went well. The doc removed two pieces of cartilage and was surpised by how good my knee looked. He said I had lots of miles left. The recovery went well. I slowly rebuilt swimming, biking and running (2x/week each). No more than 5 miles running now and 60-90 minute bikes. It felt like the tendinopathy had gone after the survery.

Now at ~3 months post-op, I have some tendinosis in my R knee again. Nothing as bad as it was, but enough that it is creatining a pull sensation on my tibia when I run and very minor tenderness at the base of the patella.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Is it the 'old' tendinopathy still there? Or a new injury?

Offline HarryPlopper

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tendinosis after Scope
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 09:44:00 PM »
I wanted to bump this and give an update.

After a few weeks, the pain is clearly not tendinosis. I have no localized knee cap or tendon pain. It is much more diffuse with some emanating from the medial and anterior tibia surface. I also have increased sensitivity around the lateral scope sites.

I've started running again (very slow progressions) and doing a PFPS rehab program as recommended by my PT since he thinks that might be what is going on. I'm going to try this for awhile before going back to the surgeon.

Has anyone's scope sites gotten more sensitive later after arthroscopy? What have you done for this?

Has anyone developed vague knee symptoms that aren't painful, but more pulling sensations?