Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ORIF Patella surgery and timelines  (Read 67 times)

Offline ginanoelle10

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
ORIF Patella surgery and timelines
« on: April 04, 2021, 11:39:27 PM »
Hope I'm in right place or they move me
Very frustrated with lousy insurance and care
Would love to know anyone's experience as this my first ever surgery and can't get back to work nor normal life yet?  Nov 1 and it's April 4 now
Thankd

Offline lissygirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: ORIF Patella surgery and timelines
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 09:19:29 PM »
Hi there
Thought I would reach out and say hello and let you know the frustration is real.  I fractured my patella Oct 2020 in to six pieces as well as rupturing the medial retinaculum and tearing all four ligaments after slipping on detergent on a concrete floor.  This accident came 12 months after fracturing the tiba and foot on the same leg!  i have a lot of bad luck it seems and do not have osteporosis.  I am not certain of your age - I am a 65 year old woman who has been very active my whole life, yoga, walking, swimming - I have no other medical problems.  This fracture has been 100 x times worse than the tibial fracture and six months on it is still causing me problems.  I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow with the view to having the hardware removed as it is causing me discomfort and pain and I have three screws that protrude quite markedly under the skin.  My flexion has been slow but I am now around 125 degrees.  I have a lot of front knee pain when doing straight leg raises.  I am still working on walking without a limp.  Bad days I wear an elastic knee band to give extra support.  My extension is pretty good, I have been working hard on it but still have a small lag when doing SLR but not much.  I am determined to get back to being the best I can and am hoping hardware removal helps.  Happy to hear your story and answer any questions you may have.  Cheers Lisa