Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 9 weeks post op, still stiff and limited flexion  (Read 565 times)

Offline Cloud80

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
9 weeks post op, still stiff and limited flexion
« on: March 17, 2021, 10:14:23 AM »
Hi there, I am 9 weeks post acl op with a hamstring graft. Luckily I'm working at home, and do lots of rehab throughout the day. I did tons of pre-hab work, and had really good flexion and extension pre-op.

I have got full extension, but still working on getting last 5 degress of hyper extension back. But, my flexion is just so stubborn. I can just get to 120 with a big push, but not reliably, because my knee is still stiff and when I do flexion work, the back of the knee just swells which really inhibits the flexion, calf raises etc. I'm doing ice, elevating, gentle static bike, foot pedal throughout the day.....it just does not move. My pt has tried being agressive with it (and by taping knee cap, can get flexion further), but it balloons with swelling for the remainder of the day.

Is there anyone out there who came out of a similar phase, or is in a similar phase. It is so frustrating.

Offline Cloud80

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: 9 weeks post op, still stiff and limited flexion
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 02:29:30 PM »
For anyone who reads this forum, by 12 weeks I was in a.completly different situation, swelling went and better ROM. It just took time..l

support