Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MPFL,TTO,CHONDROPLASTY - POST OP WEEK 9 - GRINDING and CLICKING  (Read 73 times)

Offline MikeH20

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MPFL,TTO,CHONDROPLASTY - POST OP WEEK 9 - GRINDING and CLICKING
« on: February 16, 2021, 09:51:31 PM »
Hi - curious if anyone had MPFL,TTO,CHONDROPLASTY combo type of surgery and did NOT get any GRINDING and CLICKING when doing knee extensions after week 9 and beyond ?

Ive been told by my surgeon that GRINDING and CLICKING are normal unless it starts hurting - but I am curious if anyone has experienced smooth extension after such surgery

Offline kczech

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: MPFL,TTO,CHONDROPLASTY - POST OP WEEK 9 - GRINDING and CLICKING
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 11:51:01 PM »
With the surgeries I've had so far, the crepitus I've experienced is due to scar tissue and existing or worsening cartilage damage. Was there any damage behind the patella or in trochlear groove noted during your surgery?
L Tibia derotational & medial open wedge osteotomy + medial imbrication: Oct. '19 (failed)
R Tibia derotational & medial open wedge osteotomy: Feb. '20
L&R diagnostic scope, lysis adhesions, chondroplasty, & ITB lengthening: July '20
L hardware removal & partial medial release: Nov. '20

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 417
  • Neelie knee!
Re: MPFL,TTO,CHONDROPLASTY - POST OP WEEK 9 - GRINDING and CLICKING
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 08:32:05 AM »
Presumably the chondroplasty was done to tidy/attempt to fix cartilage wear (and the TTO to improve alignment to prevent further wear)?

I expect after those procedures, there’s always going to be a bit of clicking and catching. Getting all the muscles working properly and in balance through rehab may help. 9 weeks is very soon after such major surgery, there’ll still be inflammation and swelling in the joint, so lots of patience will be needed, probably for the next year or more
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up