Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help - Canít walk well 3 months post ACL/Meniscus  (Read 981 times)

Offline Tim82

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help - Canít walk well 3 months post ACL/Meniscus
« on: January 31, 2021, 03:25:43 AM »
Hello all -

Hoping someone has experienced a similar issue and ended up getting through it w/o another surgery. Iím 38 and injured my ACL/meniscus 6 months back playing soccer. Currently Iím 3 months post ACL and lateral meniscus repair. The problem is, I cannot walk well at all due to experience a pressure/release feeling under my kneecap close to the entry ports. This can been seen as the pressure pushes up the skin after it releases. This happen almost every time while walking from extension to flexion. Which Iím sure is creating all sorts of bad walking habits because I walk with it slightly bent. Iím have been going to PT 2/week and I feel confident Iím getting much stronger in my left leg/quad, however Iím not seeing any improvement when it comes to walking better. Can anyone share if they had a similar issue and what the outcome was? Iím hoping I can get back to daily running and soccer sooner than later! Thanks!