Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Shattered Tibial Plateau/Compartmental Syndrome  (Read 1064 times)

Offline HHmplace

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Shattered Tibial Plateau/Compartmental Syndrome
« on: January 08, 2021, 04:58:35 AM »
Fell off a bridge late Sept. My left leg took all the concussion. With PT, have reached 114 degrees. Still have swelling & pain, my ankle was pretty squashed too.  Has anyone had a similar injury?  Hope to get back to riding my bike by spring. 

Offline Bella Gamba

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 10
Re: Shattered Tibial Plateau/Compartmental Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 04:06:39 AM »
Hey,

I suffered a pretty bad (shattered my bone in 1000s of pieces but did not suffer compartmental syndrome) TPF in May 2017.  I had a pretty slow recovery and could not imagine reaching 114 degree ROM four months after surgery.  A year after, I had a second surgery to remove the metal implant and screws.  Sometime around then, I started posting in KG.  You may be able to find some of my posts with comments on recovery.  I am sure that you will eventually be able to go back to your “normal” activities (except perhaps jumping).  Presently, I have gone back to all the activities I did pre- injury- I do not bike (other than using a stationary bike for cardio) but do a lot of hiking and feel that except for pain in my leg (I also fractured my shaft so I still feel pain that goes all the way from the TP to mid tibia), I am back to “normal”.  Based on comments from my OS, a TPF is one of the worst injuries one can have because it involves so many different tissues in our body.  Recovery calls for lots of patience.  Do not try to rush to go back to pre-injury activities, it is best to go about it gradually.  You will get there at some point and if you try to rush into doing too much, you may end up delaying the recovery.

Take care and best wishes on your recovery,

Bella