Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Fed up of swelling! Please help.  (Read 195 times)

Offline sammilou03

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 3
Fed up of swelling! Please help.
« on: November 16, 2020, 05:11:58 PM »
I am 6 weeks out of surgery for TTT. Had my first physio last week. Started really well, then the more I have done of the exercises the more my knee has swelled and now I canít do the exercises because of the swelling got to 30 degrees in bend and now canít bend at all because of swelling. Was told to bear weight and start using leg. Have been using it lots and bearing weight whilst using crutches, got rid of my brace and now I canít do anything for the swelling. I am getting really fed up now itís 1 step forward and ten back! What can I do for this swelling please heíll if anyone else has been through this.

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 420
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Fed up of swelling! Please help.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »
Are you icing and keeping the leg up as much as possible. Lots of ankle pumps good too. Do you have your physio appointment through yet?
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline sammilou03

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 3
Re: Fed up of swelling! Please help.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 06:28:31 PM »
Yes Iíve been to physio and they have told me to alternate weight from one leg to the other to start bearing weight and begin pulling my leg up to start bending it. Iím at 30 degrees but canít get any further and then last night and today my swelling has been so bad I can hardly bend it at all. Iíve been icing it everyday at least 4 times but usually a lot more but itís just blown up again. Theyíve taken my brace away and put me a tubigrip on to support my knee and told me to bear weight to get muscles moving but itís now swelled really bad and I can hardly walk again! They keep saying using it will help but I have used it and have been up and active everyday for last 4 days and now I can hardly walk.