Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Getting there  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Gizmocat

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Getting there
« on: May 04, 2004, 07:17:41 PM »
Hello everyone
You haven't heard from me in quit awhile, I know bad :P, but my wife had my room all tore apart to redecorate so the computer was the corner for some time. I do have some good news, besides my room being finished, I finally have an apointment for PT, Its only been 7 months but finally PT. I still have been doing my own exercise every day. Last time I wrote on success stories I finally got my leg to bend 90 degrees, now I can bend it about 130 degrees, but as all of you know those bad knees are still missing that strength and still hurt. I have been going to work but after a day at work, walking alot, my knee still swells up pretty much and feels like if there is a bruise between the joint. Well I think I've bored you enough but I'm still here with all of you and I didn't forget about all of you, I swear ;D.
 Gizmocat

P.S. When I figure out my scanner I'll try to get a picture of my cat Gizmo for you who know about him
10/15/03 Ladder slipped out, approx. 12' up, slamed face into top of dock door splitting lip, KO, fell full weight on right patella, shattering
10/28/03 Surjery leaving 1/2 Patella in 4 piece

Offline sienna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Anyone seen the light at the end of the tunnel?
Re: Getting there
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 03:01:19 PM »
Good news.  We love to hear good news.
Well done on your rom ,too.  It must have been hard work.  And now you get to show off at pt.  Good for you.
Keep it up.
Take care.
rk posterior meniscus tear. Successfully repaired 10 Sep,03. Now have nerve damage and cps which goes with it.  I want to slap the person who said 'It just takes time....'

Offline Gizmocat

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 04:28:18 PM »
 Hi Sienna

Yes its been tough but I'm just trying my best. How have you been lately, hope you're doing good:). I've not heard anything about those new legs Janie E was looking for all of us, I guess no luck. I just hope nobody in the PT I'm going to start gets jealous because of how far I can bend my leg, but they don't know what I've been doing to get it that far. I just hope everyone is doing good and keep getting better every day. Well time to ready for work, until next time Sienna, and everybody else, and take good care, OK.

LOL
Gizmocat

10/15/03 Ladder slipped out, approx. 12' up, slamed face into top of dock door splitting lip, KO, fell full weight on right patella, shattering
10/28/03 Surjery leaving 1/2 Patella in 4 piece

Offline Jaci

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 05:04:30 AM »
Hi, Gizmocat.

I had meant to say this awhile ago-- What a great success story! Congratulations on reaching 130 degrees. Regaining ROM is such an important milestone. I hope you've posted your personal exercise program somewhere so other folks with patella fractures might benefit from your experience.

BTW, I read your signature and I have to say you are one lucky guy. I realize a fractured patella is no walk in the park, but a fall from 12' could have been far worse. Sheesh, I fell off a 2" high heel last Oct. and I'm still not recovered.  ;)   (Arthrofibrosis  :P)

Also, I read somewhere about the passing of your beloved Gizmocat. I'm so sorry for your loss. I grew up with a wonderful Japanese bob-tail cat. I was 5 years old when he moved in with us, and for more than 16 years we were pretty much inseparable. I've always felt so blessed that he had chosen me to be his human friend. Many years later, thinking about "Charlie" still brings joy to my heart.  

Take care, Gizmocat. I wish you continued success in your recovery.

Regards,

Jaci  

« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 05:06:35 AM by JMStan »
10/03 Twist injury
12/03 Menisectomy- tears ACL, MCL, & LCL missed by OS
Arthrofibrosis ROM 38-68
3/04- 4/08 Multiple scar tissue procedures:
6 scopes w/LOA, AIR, LR, chondroplasty, synovectomy, bone spur & plica removal
3 insufflations, many injections
Chronic AF, patella infera, IPCS