Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Pseudo cyclops lesion- can it cause re tear???  (Read 67 times)

Offline Ravendt1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pseudo cyclops lesion- can it cause re tear???
« on: October 16, 2020, 10:17:13 PM »
Hi, i had my ACL reconstructed with hamstring graft 11 weeks ago. I had some minor issues so we’ve done an MRI. It showed partly ruptured graft that buckled and created pseudo cyclops lesion. My surgeon said that more than 80% of yhe graft is intact and if i dont have issues with extension ( i have small hyperextension) this is not an issue.
The problem is that i am freaking out about occasional pop in my knee when I come contract quads strongly while in extension. Today the pop was a bit louder than usual an painful for a second ( not massively). I am walking fine since and it almost feels like extension is even easier now. I have no pain or reduced ROM.
I am massively freaking out that i tore my graft. Is this possible while just working on extension, no twisting, pivoting involved? Does this pseudo cyclop going to deficit my new ACL function?

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 111
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Pseudo cyclops lesion- can it cause re tear???
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 10:25:58 AM »
I think if you had torn the graft you would be aware of the increased instability.

I confess I had never heard of pseudocyclops before and I am not all that sure about it. I understood in reading up that the term is usually used when an ACL ruptures and the stump gets caught in the notch - ie leading to cyclops symptoms but before any reconstruction is done. After a reconstruction I am not sure how what you are experiencing differs from a true (rather than pseudo) cyclops?
Perhaps one of the other forum members can enlighten me?
--
KNEEguru

Offline Ravendt1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Pseudo cyclops lesion- can it cause re tear???
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »
Yes. So part of my new graft ruptured, few fibers, they flipper into intercondylar notch of the femur and created cyclop. 80% of the graft is intact, but because of the cyclop i have some clicking while extending which disappeared after 2 big clicks few days ago ( i dint feel the instability but also i never had it pre op )
I was wandering what caused that 20% of the new graft to rupture and create cyclop and if its a progressing situation cause more graft to break etc.
My surgeon said not to worry, but literature says that if graft is not placed correctly ( my surgeon seems competent doing 200 acls a year) it my over time degenerate and break. Just wandering if this is the case.

support