Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: hard scar tissues after partial meniscectomy  (Read 170 times)

Offline Hashem Hashem

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
hard scar tissues after partial meniscectomy
« on: September 25, 2020, 07:11:33 PM »
Hi everybody !
I had partial meniscectomy 9 months ago for a tear in the medial meniscus of my right knee. The pain has gone since then but new problems have appeared since then. My quads are really weak despite of doing PT and exercise at home. I stopped later coz I was frustrated ! I have this problem of catching in my knee. I can feel hard scar tissues under the portal incision near the knee cap in the medial side. I did another MRI and it shows another tear ! however the surgeon told me it is the place where he trimmed the tear and the scar tissue is causing the whole problem. He injected the area with a corticosteroid '2 times " in 3 months. unfortunately, the scars are there and my quads are really weak and I can feel popping above the knee cap.
note, when I bend my knee , the catching releases. it is not painful at all .
I walk with a limb. and I can't run !

Can anybody help me ? Have you ever had this problem after partial meniscectomy ?

Offline jessica6

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Born to express not to impress
Re: hard scar tissues after partial meniscectomy
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:48:52 AM »

I had partial meniscectomy 9 months ago for a tear in the medial meniscus of my right knee.

Upto my knowledge i am suggesting these 4 ways to manage.. you may find helpful..
1..>>Avoid stretching the skin around your surgical areas, and the knee joint for the first 72 hours after surgery..
2..>Once your incision is fully healed, perform scar massage over and around your scar first, apply intense pressure applied to the scar tissue will help break it up and flatten it out, ultimately making it less obvious.
3..>Move knee- Increasing range of motion in your knee will help stretch scar tissue and keep it from getting stiff.  There are several additional physical therapy interventions to help manage scar tissue after knee surgery. Physical therapy modalities, such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation and low-level laser therapy, are all used in conjunction with manual therapy to help flatten scar tissue after injury
I am a fan of science, sports and traveling. Interested in fitness, yoga  and playing outdoor games. I love to roam with friends often

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 113
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: hard scar tissues after partial meniscectomy
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 03:40:25 PM »
The catching could possibly be related to something other than the portal scar, such as an adhesion. If there is no pain related to the problem, it may suggest that it will resolve in time. You can then just focus on the quads, perhaps trying electrical muscle stimulation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaabP6fIEk4
--
KNEEguru

support