Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Has anyone had Biocartilage by Arthrex?  (Read 40 times)

Offline nbringolf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Has anyone had Biocartilage by Arthrex?
« on: August 02, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »
I'm in the US and I'm not finding independent studies showing whether Biocartilage by Arthrex was successful or not. I can see that it has been around for several years. I have Stage 3 arthritis in my right knee from lots of use. I've had three knee surgeries (meniscotomy, lateral meniscus allograft, then meniscus repair). I'm three months post op from meniscus repair which got torn while skiing up the mountain for backcountry skiing. The pain gets worse from walking. I can only bike in the morning on flats with small gradients but can't bike in the evening as it become uncomfortable. My doctor is considering BioCartilage (trademark) if it doesn't improve in the next month or two. I would like to see if anyone had this procedure. Internet is showing information published by Arthrex.

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 106
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Has anyone had Biocartilage by Arthrex?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 12:35:10 PM »
I did a quick run through the literature. I agree there are few independent studies. This one may nonetheless be interesting to you, and the senior author is widely respected - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5793087/

Try using the 'Search' tool above - I found 28 posts relating to 'Biocartilage'.
--
KNEEguru

support