Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Osteochondral Allograft  (Read 974 times)

Offline A_sure_sky

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Osteochondral Allograft
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 05:16:08 AM »
I am now nine months plus out from my OATS surgery.  I believe I am still making progress.  The virus has put a big crimp on getting back to the gym.  For the first time, this past week I got to the gym twice and was able to work out.  So far, so good.  I have a long way to go to regain the strength but I think I am on the path.

Two weeks ago I was on vacation and was able to do a lot of walking (at least more than I usually do).  At times the knee would be sore (and feel a little "raw" inside the knee) after a lot of walking or at the end of the day but the next morning that is feeing was gone.

I try to do as much as I can without any kind of sleeve on my knee (although I kept on while on vacation).  Sometimes I get sensations where it feels like the knee is being pressed in from the bottom.  Putting some type of wrap or sleeve alleviates the sensation. This makes me wonder if it some type of nerve issue in the skin. Happily, the bone-on-bone pain hasn't reoccurred so far. I remain cautiously optimistic that the surgery will be a long-term success.

support