Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Hamstrings strain and calf fatigue  (Read 3460 times)

Offline speedy_640

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Hamstrings strain and calf fatigue
« on: March 27, 2003, 07:28:30 AM »
Can anyone please share some advice on my problem?

A couple of months ago at a track meet I strained my hamstring in a race. About a 2 weeks into rehab when jogging I notice the shin area of the injured leg fatigues really fast (kinda odd).
Then I notice a slight bulge at the back of the knee of the injured leg. It's barely noticable and you can only see it when I'm standing with my leg straight.
Despite anti inflammatories and ultra sound the  bulge is still there and there is a slightly painful clicking in the inside of the knee of the injured leg when I run (usually halfway into a workout)
The week before the hamstring strain I had had severe calve cramps. When the strain occired it did feel a little as if the calve had locked but it's hard to say the pain of the hamstring was more memorable.
I saw an ortho who said it was not a BAker's Cyst, and that he wasn;'t sure what would cause the clicking pain.

Does anyone have any ideas please.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 01:24:20 PM by admin »

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Calve-->Hamstring-->knee
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 11:34:30 PM »
The shin fatigue... maybe shin splints? I used to cheer and a lot of my squad members described a similr feeling from shin splints. For the knee, I dont know what the buldge is... but a problem athletes(runners in paticular) have witht heir knees is chondromalacia. The clicking sounds like things I have had wth my chondromalacia, so you may want to look into it. It is irritated buy high impact, which running definately is, and is sometimes called runners knee. If you have more questoins be sure to ask!!

Emily
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..