Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 18 months after multiligament knee surgery, what to expect?  (Read 57 times)

Offline Pippinp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
18 months after multiligament knee surgery, what to expect?
« on: January 12, 2020, 08:03:45 PM »
Iím hoping someone out there has had similar surgery to me and can advise on whether Iím expecting too much of my reconstructed knee.
Almost 2 years ago, I had a ski injury and ruptured my MCL, ACL and LCL and tore my lateral meniscus.
3 weeks post-injury I had reconstruction of my MCL (synthetic graft) and LCL (hamstring autograft), and some sutures to my lateral meniscus. I then had 6 weeks in a brace. Then loads of physio and hydrotherapy to regain my range of movement and then 4 months later I had ACL reconstruction (hamstring autograft from the other leg).
Iíve done loads of physio, still going to gym 3x a week but struggling with all the things I still canít do. I canít run, jump, dance or wear heels. Iím rubbish on slippery surfaces, although uneven surfaces are getting easier. Iím managing to work and cautiously walk my dogs so itís not all bad but itís hard to accept all the things I can no longer do (which includes skiing!).
I am a female in my mid-40s, so I know I wonít recover as well as a younger person, but any information from others with similar injuries would be much appreciated.
I already posted this in the ligament section but got no replies so Iím trying it here on the general section.

support