Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Possible synovial leak problem after partial patellectomy  (Read 246 times)

Offline mathewst

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Possible synovial leak problem after partial patellectomy
« on: January 07, 2020, 06:31:44 PM »
Hi,

I am 36 male,
On 4th November 2019 I had partial patellectomy done bcs of patella tripartita and chronic pain problems.
After surgery and stiches removal from main incision (there had been scope done aswell) incision opened and started leaking it was resutured at ER. Before that when I flexed quad muscle there was bubble of synovial fluid forming up under incision.
Next 2 week, next stitches removed, incision healed up properly from outside. Bubble was still present. When I flexed quad it came up, when went away, all the time, depends of swelling size it was the bubble size as well.
Slowly I started some sport and yesterday during skiing sharp pain occured, it quickly subsided but later that day low of effusion and some calf pain.

Today there is no more bubble, I can flex quad as much I want bubble is gone. Effusion is down a bit but calf pain is still present, just a little and there is some effusion in around tibia bone. When I press hardly it stays depressed for few minutes, goes in few millimeters.

What i think is some soft tissue didnt heal properly causing some herniation into soft tissue and after skiing incident (it was not accident just quick move, no fall) tear in synovial membrane got bigger and it started to leak down the leg.

Any ideas?

Offline mathewst

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Possible synovial leak problem after partial patellectomy
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 11:09:48 PM »
Also noticed to have kind of incision skin adhesion to some tissue underneath in upper part pf incision, skin just doesnt move freely.