Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What to expect after multiligament reconstruction  (Read 114 times)

Offline Pippinp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What to expect after multiligament reconstruction
« on: December 30, 2019, 01:33:48 PM »
I ruptured my MCL, LCL and ACL and tore my lateral meniscus in a ski injury almost 2 years ago. I had reconstruction of MCL (synthetic graft) and LCL (hamstring autograft) and sutures to the lateral meniscus all done at 3 weeks post-injury. Then 6 more weeks in a brace, then a load of physio and hydrotherapy and managed to get my range of movement back to 0-120 degrees at which point the surgeon agreed to reconstruct my ACL (hamstring autograft from the other leg) at about 5 months post-injury. Iíve worked really hard at rehab and go to gym 3x a week, personal trainer etc, but still nowhere near being able to run or dance and wouldnít dare wear heels (which I used to do a lot).
I suppose I just want to know if this is normal for the level of injury I had? Am I expecting too much? If Iíll never be able to run, I can probably accept that but it would be good to hear from anyone else who has had a similar injury and is a few years down the line or please feel free to ask me questions if you have been injured more recently and want to know what surgery and rehab were like.

support