Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Mpfl reconstruction with lateral release  (Read 265 times)

Offline catbenditt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Mpfl reconstruction with lateral release
« on: December 15, 2019, 03:30:09 AM »
Hey everyone,
So Iím currently almost 4 months post op from my right knee mpfl reconstruction with lateral release. And Iím still struggling in all aspects of rehabilitation. The amount of swelling and pain/tightness in the inside of my knee is out of control. I cannot sleep at night. Iím currently taking voltaren twice a day to help with the swelling and pain since I have returned to work and canít take much of anything else. Has anyone had luck with this nsaid and pain relief? Is there something else I should be asking to take instead. Iím also struggling with a lot of residual neuropathy from the nerve block and canít feel my thigh or knee still and when I walk it just feels like someone is punching my leg, has anyone else had this problem? I am taking gabapentin for that as well and I donít really notice a difference. Physical therapy was going good until about 2 weeks ago and now I have difficulty with doing my exercises (knee locking up) and Iíve noticed my ROM is not improving like it was. Itís all very frustrating and I would love to hear some encouragement and some feedback as to whatís normal to expect and whatís not.

Recurring patella subluxation 2010-present
Patella maltracking with patella Alta 2010
Mpfl reconstruction with lateral release 8/30/19
Possible candidate for TTO in future d/t abnormally high TTTG

support