Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Failed TTO! Help!  (Read 305 times)

Offline Cremers

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Failed TTO! Help!
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:27:31 PM »
Hello! Iím becoming very frustrated with my knee! (Arnít we all!) Iím 31 years old. 14 years ago I had. LR. That was a big fail! 1 year later I opted for a TTO. So that was roughly 13 years ago and had the screws removed the following year. Well that past couple years Iíve been having the SAME problems prior to the TTO. I went to a new OS (as I had moved) and after examining me and X-rays he said I still have some pretty bad tracking issues. My knee cap is very loose. I can literally feel it move. The pain sucks. Its locks up. I also have a a severe hyperextension to the knee. Itís always swollen and sometimes warm to the touch. The dr thinks I could possibly have a torn meniscus as well. I had my MRI last week and still waiting the results. But what options are even left for the tracking issues? I have a super busy year next year with traveling for work and with my family. I want this fixed. Now! Anyone else have a failed TTO?? Please help!!

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 45
Re: Failed TTO! Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 10:43:08 AM »
Hi Cremers,

What did your latest MRI show? I have no answers for you, but would recommend getting in touch with an OS who is a recognized patellofemoral expert. For more info on these experts, check out this list:

https://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/primers/whos-who-knee-surgery/whos-who-patellofemoral-surgery

Please let us know how things develop!

RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

support