Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Extremely blurry vision after ACL Recons surgery  (Read 1351 times)

Offline phaedrus

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Extremely blurry vision after ACL Recons surgery
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:09:22 AM »
Hi,
    I had an ACL reconstruction surgery on my right knee last Friday. The doctor told me that the surgery went well. Was in quite a bit of pain the first night  :'( (to be expected of course) and I was prescribed Panadiene and Endol for pain relief. Eyes were mostly fine the day after surgery but 3 days later I developed blurry vision in my right eye and it is showing no signs of getting better. I brought this up with the doctor on my post-op visit and he later called me to let me know that it had nothing to do with anesthesia.
   I have been off the endone for over 3 days.  I can barely read with my right eye and at night the right eye is practically useless. Should I wait and see if it gets better? Has anybody had a similar experience? I am feeling a bit panicky right now!

P

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: Extremely blurry vision after ACL Recons surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 01:23:58 AM »
Go see an eye doctor.  It may be a coinsidence that the blurry vision came after surgery.  It may not.  Have it checked out.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline jaijo007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Extremely blurry vision after ACL Recons surgery
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 11:19:05 AM »
Hi there .. I am having the same diagnosis.. did you see eye doctor.. did your vision improve?? Please reply I am really anxious thank you

Hi,
    I had an ACL reconstruction surgery on my right knee last Friday. The doctor told me that the surgery went well. Was in quite a bit of pain the first night  :'( (to be expected of course) and I was prescribed Panadiene and Endol for pain relief. Eyes were mostly fine the day after surgery but 3 days later I developed blurry vision in my right eye and it is showing no signs of getting better. I brought this up with the doctor on my post-op visit and he later called me to let me know that it had nothing to do with anesthesia.
   I have been off the endone for over 3 days.  I can barely read with my right eye and at night the right eye is practically useless. Should I wait and see if it gets better? Has anybody had a similar experience? I am feeling a bit panicky right now!

P

support