Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Advice regarding muscle tightness  (Read 143 times)

Offline chrissie53

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Advice regarding muscle tightness
« on: October 27, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »
Hi there,
I am just posting this to see if anyone can offer any advice.
I had a left knee replacement in 2015 which was very successful and I recovered quite quickly.
I did have

some issues with muscle tightness from time to time, particularly in cold wether but gradually things improved over time. I regained my range of movement very quickly and overall did not suffer too much from pain.
However about three weeks ago I went out for the day wearing a pair of slip on shoes which were basically too big with heavy soles and by the time I arrived home I was in agony. Since then I seem to have suffered a lot of discomfort in the muscles around my knee and the tight band has appeared again if I have to stand still for a period of time. I have tried ice and heat and they do help but I cannot totally get rid of this tightness.
I was planning to have my second knee done in November but will now wait until January as I feel that I need  to have time to focus on my recovery and will just have to put up with the pain from the right knee which is srthritic until January.
I have found that shoes or trainers with bouncy or cushioned soles seem to aggravate the muscles around my knee so I have usually avoided them.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar.

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 376
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Advice regarding muscle tightness
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 11:21:44 PM »
Sounds like a trip to a good physio therapist is in order for a thorough assessment of the muscles and some hands on treatment. Should be able to advise on footwear too
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up