Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Left knee Round 3 - MPFL Graft Cut, MQTFL, TTT, etc etc etc by Fulkerson  (Read 33 times)

Offline thiskneelife

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first post! I'm going under for my third surgery on my left knee in the last year (have also had 7 on right knee) on Wednesday (t minus 36 hours)

Going to Fulkerson himself in CT - I live in MA, he is my fourth OS, third to operate on me - have primarily been going to one other since I was 15.

Having my MPFL graft (that I had put in Nov 2018) cut, it's too tight, and having an MQTFL put in instead

Having the TTT (which I had on my right knee at 17, I'm now 30) with anteromedialization with proximalization

and a "reconstruction infrapatella release" which I THINK is the closure of my lateral release I also had done Nov 2018 - we discussed doing this at my appt

Also having chrondroplasty and "fine tuning" as he sees fit once he gets in there.

To say I'm overwhelmed is an understatement!!

For some backstory - subluxations and maltracking since puberty, primarily was in the right knee. Now that is mostly stable, just arthritic. For the last 18 months this knee has been misery. Constant subluxations, several full patella dislocations. Needing tape and a tracking brace to keep it somewhat "in the groove". I've had a moderate effusion constantly since July. Can't do any short arc or long arc exercises without subluxations or catching. I have developed Patella Baja since October of last year as a result of the graft being too tight. When they (old OS not Fulkerson) went in in June to remove sutures and scar tissue, they found still more medial cartilage damage, which they also found in November. I've been subluxing and fully dislocating medially since my MPFL/LR in Nov 2018

I'm a little nervous because my last TTT was in patient, this is outpatient and a lot more, but it is 13.5 years later. I also have two young kids (8 this week - day after surgery!! - and 5) and am worried about overdoing it. After my surgery in November I had an infection immediately and ended up in the hospital for IV antibiotics at 3.5 weeks post op, and couldn't stop myself from overdoing it. This time my husband is working from home - he works 1 hour from home - for the first 2 weeks, and we've hired help at least in the ams after that and a neighbor will walk them home.

I have a full freezer, a clean bedroom and living room, and the ice machine my dad used with his knee replacement. Any other suggestions? Words of wisdom?

My experience with Fulkerson and his office staff so far has been a breeze logistically and I'm happy to answer any questions there.

I'll keep anyone interested posted!
Meaghan
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:35:28 AM by thiskneelife »

support