Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Prolotherapy for the knee?  (Read 5358 times)

Offline gr8fit

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
Prolotherapy for the knee?
« on: April 26, 2004, 04:46:58 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone had prolotherapy injections for the knee?  I have chondromalacia and advanced stages of OA.  I did 4 rounds (12 needle injections into the knee  once a month for 4 months) of prolotherapy this past summer. The theory is to aggrivate the area to promote scar tissue growth to stablize surrounding ligaments.  It actually seemed to help me.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through this?  

Thanks!
3/22/02: RKScope.Grade 4 Chondromalacia patella Microfracture.
09 & 11: L ankle Scope
9/17/09: RKScope.
11/5/09: LKScope.
2/24/10: Bilateral PFJR
12/13: L-spine Laminotomy
3/31/14: RTKR
5/28/14: LTKR
7/23/14: LTHR
pending RTHR

Offline PSB

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Prolotherapy for the knee?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 12:04:18 PM »
No experience to offer but I have seen some very encouraging reports on the treatment on an american web site( search on prolotherapy, Caring Medical, Dr Hauser ). My impression is from their reports that you've not had enough treatment yet.

My problem is finding a UK practitioner to perform the treatment. Where did you go?
Chondromalacia patellae, bilateral arthroscopy, no more surgery for me, thanks.

Offline ekbote

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »
How long does the effect last? Does it cure the knee and not bother you for years?

Offline jane77

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »
I had prolotherapy for my back ( bulging disc and osteo) and it worked  a treat.  Now I am facing a problem with my knee I am thinking of trying Prolo for that....   My patella seems to slip and then pinch ... do you think it would help that type of  problem ?  Knee surgery for me is difficult as I have had a DVT with a previous knee op and have Factor V Leiden.