Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI Results  (Read 224 times)

Offline Hollykins2

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MRI Results
« on: August 22, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »
Hi everyone!

Although my knee is in severe pain and has been for over  a month, I am hoping the MRI results I got today aren't too bad.   Another week before I see ortho doctor.

FINDINGS:

MENISCI: Degeneration medial meniscus with suggested subtle minimal superior surface degenerative tearing involving the posterior horn medial meniscus with suggested tear extension to the body segment.
The lateral meniscus appears intact.

ACL: Normal.

PCL: Normal.

MCL: MCL fibers are continuous and of normal thickness and signal intensity. Mild edema superficial to the middle to distal third MCL

LCL: Normal.

POSTEROLATERAL CORNER: Normal.

FEMUR, TIBIA, FIBULA, PATELLA: No fracture, dislocation or erosions.

MEDIAL COMPARTMENT: Suggestion of primarily grade 2 cartilage thinning middle subgroup medial femoral condyle. No significant reactive subchondral marrow edema. No prominent osteophytosis

LATERAL COMPARTMENT: No significant reactive subchondral marrow edema or osteophytosis.

PATELLOFEMORAL JOINT: No significant advanced chondromalacia

PROXIMAL TIBIOFIBULAR JOINT: Well preserved.

TENDONS: No acute tendon rupture

JOINT EFFUSION: Small effusion

OTHER SOFT TISSUES: Nonspecific Soft tissue swelling with mild to moderate anterior knee subcutaneous edema most prominently.

IMPRESSION:

1. Question recent or subacute grade 1 MCL sprain with mild edema-type changes adjacent to the middle to distal third MCL.
2. Degeneration with suggested minimal degenerative tearing posterior horn medial meniscus with suggested tear extension to the body segment
3. Intact ACL and PCL.
4. Small effusion.
5. Nonspecific mild to moderate subcutaneous edema
6. Minor medial compartment degenerative arthritis

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 100
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: MRI Results
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 10:31:58 AM »
Yes, the MRI suggests a degenerative tear of the medial meniscus with some cartilage deterioration on the femur on that side. It seems to me that they are probably related. I wonder if an Unloader Brace might give you some pain relief by unloading the joint on that side?
--
KNEEguru

support