Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibial platuef fracturenightmare. ROM.  (Read 109 times)

Offline pixieface

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tibial platuef fracturenightmare. ROM.
« on: August 07, 2019, 12:26:45 AM »
So I got my TPF falling off a tractor. Surgery was six weeks a go and since discharge its been a bit of a nightmare. I was literally discharged, informed my brace was at sixty percent and thatws that. I was only given exercises to prevent DVT in the form of a leaflet.

Well, ive just had my six week review today andth the surgeon  looked astounded when I said I hadnt recieved any physio yet. After asking me to bend my leg he looked genuinely concerned. I can only bend at 20% ROM and I still cant straighten my knee at all. He has told me that if I am unable to straighten by week 7 then I am in real trouble. I've come home and desperately tried to bend my leg furtfurther than 20 and I just cant.

I'm obviously fully panicking as in another 4 weeks I was meant to be at 90% bend.It guess I want to know if my leg is royally screwed now and if it will ever get better again. I'm of course in the process of writing complaints as the lack of advice and aftercare is appalling but that is another story. Is my leg doomed :(  :(

To clarify, I was NWB 6 weeks and had one plate and 6 pins put in. I am partial WB now
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:49:40 AM by pixieface »

Offline Bella Gamba

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 9
Re: Tibial platuef fracturenightmare. ROM.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 06:21:34 AM »
Hi Pixiface,

Seems like it is a bit early in your recovery to worry too much.

I did not start PT until week #7 (I was nwb for 6 weeks).  I also had a very hard time regaining ROM but it happened gradually.  I missed the targets of when I was supposed to be 90 degrees, etc. However, my ROM now (over two years from first surgery) is almost the same as my other leg so I would not worry and just follow your PTís instructions.

Take care,

Bella

support