Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Help Please In Understanding my MRI Results  (Read 389 times)

Offline ladyduran

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help Please In Understanding my MRI Results
« on: July 21, 2019, 09:17:44 PM »
There is a 9mm long x 5mm wide area of chondromalacia with superficial fissuring/ulceration with mild underlying subchondral bony change affecting the inferior edge patellofemoral and medial trochlear groove. This is a new lesion compared to my MRI results in 2012.
also is a 2.5cm long posteromedial popliteal cyst.

Does anyone know if these conditions will get worse. These results are from a few years ago and i am getting a lot of pain now after being on my feet all day at work. My pain is at the front left side of my knee and at the back of my knee especially after i have been kneeling down at work.
I work in a supermarket and i am on my feet or knees most days putting stock out. Pain also happens if im carrying a heavy box and walking

I am a little worried and will make a doctors appointment but in the meantime any comments would be appreciated

Offline Dave33

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 10
Re: Help Please In Understanding my MRI Results
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 04:07:17 PM »
Well, in a nutshell, it's saying that there's some cartilage wear under your kneecap in a relatively small area. It doesn't mention the depth of wear, which I'd be most interested in, if I was yourself.

If you keep pushing it to the point of pain, then yes, it could continue to wear down. I'd guess treatment would depend upon your age and whether it's full-thickness wear or not.

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 375
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Help Please In Understanding my MRI Results
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 08:13:19 PM »
If you canít avoid kneeling at work, you should ask your employer to provide knee pads, kneeling pad or low stool. Talk to HR/Occupational Therapy about measures to help you minimise further damage to your knees. A trolley of some sort for moving heavy boxes or help from a colleague. You also need to get the tracking of your kneecap checked by a physio. Wear to just the edge suggests that itís not moving smoothly in its groove
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

support