Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patella Subluxation  (Read 375 times)

Offline journey_never_ending_

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patella Subluxation
« on: June 26, 2019, 10:46:10 AM »
Hi, my name is Phoebe and I am 17 years old. I have been suffering with my years for about 6 years now. I had everything from ligament problems, chondromalicia as doctors haven't been aware of what is wrong with my knees. To this day, I still dont think they know what to do with me.

Last year, I had a surgery on my left knee to fix my tendon by reatcchtig it to my knee along with a cartilage clean up. They wanted to do the same to my right, although they did a MRI and it  came back normal. They did however diagnose me with hyper mobile in most of my joints and knocked kneed. They said that my patella is not tracking as it should. My doctor asked me if I had ever suffered from dislocating my knees which I answered "no" and gave me a confused look and then decided to ask my mum about my family history which she said "no".

I have previously treated with my knee not tracking normally before. I have been in physio since I was 12. I used tape and done all my exercises to help it. But, I constantly flared up with the physio especially when squats and bending down are involved. My knees will pop and crack when I squat down with pain. I was told when I was 13 that I was going to have a major surgery where they were going to break the bone and realign the kneecap. It didn't go to plan, as I was then diagnosed with other things  :-\ I did have a x-ray which showed my kneecap not aligning, I think it was a skyline xray? They didn't do anything about it and said it was normal when we were told it wasnt.

Anyway, on Saturday I think I may have suffer a partial patella subluxation. I was painting and I crounc down to paint the bottom when my right knee popped quite loud which resulted in my knee giving out. I have pain on the front of my knee and I cant seem to straighten or bend it. My knee is not straight and is facing towards my other knee if you get what I mean. If I try to walk as normal as I can, my knee buckles under the pressure. Is this a patella subluxation or my meniscus?

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 50
Re: Patella Subluxation
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 10:44:52 AM »
Hi Phoebe,

Difficult to say, have you scheduled a doctor's appointment? I think you should get this checked out by a professional ASAP. Meanwhile, you can try to RICE to calm the knee down: https://www.everydayhealth.com/knee-pain/knee-pain-rice-therapy.aspx
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment