Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Invossa ( cartilage regeneration drug ) soon to be available in many countries  (Read 266 times)

Offline neptronix

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
    • neptronix.org
Invossa has been in development for around 20 years and is shown to increase cartilage thickness. It is currently in phase 3 trials in the United States.

It is currently used in Korea and China, but distribution and sales will be expanding to Australia, New Zealand, and many countries in Asia.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/mundipharma-to-bring-world-s-first-gene-therapy-for-osteoarthritis-to-nine-more-countries-in-apac-1027863759

It's prime competitor, Sprifermin, hasn't had much news in the last year. Will update when i hear more.

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 37
Interesting, thanks for the update!
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

Offline db1984

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
  • Knee OA, going all out with cultured MSCs!
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321116740_Structural_effects_of_intra-articular_TGF-b1_in_moderate_to_advanced_knee_osteoarthritis_MRI-based_assessment_in_a_randomized_controlled_trial

See the above link for a paper they published on MRI findings after Invossa treatment. Although they're seeing cartilage repair and delay of cartilage degeneration, one of the things I find discouraging is that they're not seeing much improvement in bone marrow lesions. This is really important since bone marrow lesions are associated with accelerated OA progression, as well as with knee pain in OA.
Jun 16: Patellofemoral OA, Lumbar DDD
Aug 16: Regenexx-SD left knee, PRP right knee
Mar 17: Bone marrow aspiration for cell culture
Apr 17: Regenexx-C both knees, lumbar spine, left shoulder
Jun 17: PRP both Achilles, right hip, both knees
Jan 18: Knees and back MUCH better, planning 2nd treatment

Offline db1984

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
  • Knee OA, going all out with cultured MSCs!
I contacted Kolon Life Science to inquire about Invossa in Korea. It was just a generic inquiry through their website in which I left my name, a brief message and email address. A few days later I was contacted by a rep from the company who sets up treatment for international patients. They had me answer some basic medical history questions and wanted to see x-rays of my knees to determine candidacy. I clarified that my X-rays looked normal but that I had cartilage damage on MRI and asked if I could send those files instead. The rep agreed and I sent my MRI's to be reviewed by a doctor in Korea. A couple days after that I received another reply with a doctor's report saying I was eligible for treatment. I was quoted $10k for one knee and $17k (USD) for both knees. I declined to proceed with treatment but said that I would stay in touch in case I changed my mind. Just thought I would let you all know that they're accepting patients right now and it's pretty easy to get ahold of them. Since I cut it off there I can't say anything more about how their process works but it should give you a headstart if you're looking into this.
Jun 16: Patellofemoral OA, Lumbar DDD
Aug 16: Regenexx-SD left knee, PRP right knee
Mar 17: Bone marrow aspiration for cell culture
Apr 17: Regenexx-C both knees, lumbar spine, left shoulder
Jun 17: PRP both Achilles, right hip, both knees
Jan 18: Knees and back MUCH better, planning 2nd treatment

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 37
I contacted Kolon Life Science to inquire about Invossa in Korea. It was just a generic inquiry through their website in which I left my name, a brief message and email address. A few days later I was contacted by a rep from the company who sets up treatment for international patients. They had me answer some basic medical history questions and wanted to see x-rays of my knees to determine candidacy. I clarified that my X-rays looked normal but that I had cartilage damage on MRI and asked if I could send those files instead. The rep agreed and I sent my MRI's to be reviewed by a doctor in Korea. A couple days after that I received another reply with a doctor's report saying I was eligible for treatment. I was quoted $10k for one knee and $17k (USD) for both knees. I declined to proceed with treatment but said that I would stay in touch in case I changed my mind. Just thought I would let you all know that they're accepting patients right now and it's pretty easy to get ahold of them. Since I cut it off there I can't say anything more about how their process works but it should give you a headstart if you're looking into this.

Interesting info, thanks!
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

support