Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Crepitus and broken kneecap recovery  (Read 138 times)

Offline towers

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Crepitus and broken kneecap recovery
« on: January 10, 2019, 07:35:48 PM »
Hey there!
15 weeks ago felt down and broke my kneecap. Eventually I had a surgery to connect all the broken pieces of the bone. At the moment I'm on my way through recovery and while bending the knee or walking I constantly feel cracking sensation or crepitus as some doctors say. I have told about this to my OS and he said that he don't want to remove hardware earlier than 6 months after surgery. I'm curious to know if anybody else had cracking feeling in the knee after broken kneecap and if it was due to the hardware or the injury itself.

Offline axand

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: Crepitus and broken kneecap recovery
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 02:04:00 PM »
From what I know only in very special cases hardware was removed sooner than 6 months. It depends on how many peaces your patella shattered and how well your body is healing and so on. But for example I have 5 months from surgery and I only hear cracks when I'm lying on my back and bend my knee to my chest and then I straighten it in the air. In this case I also hear cracks.. not sure if the hardware or something else, but my good knee doesn't do so and there is no pain with these cracks by the way.

Hope this helps.

support