Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Osteochondral Allograft Transplant surgery pain questions  (Read 186 times)

Offline Clell12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Osteochondral Allograft Transplant surgery pain questions
« on: January 04, 2019, 01:36:26 AM »
I had my osteochondral allograft transplant surgery in June and it has now been 6+ months out. I tolerated the surgery great and had ROM to 130 within 3 weeks after surgery and was very, very proactive in my home exercises. I started my physical therapy 6 weeks out and did quite well on all of them but the ones that load the knee, crouches and steps.
I would progress up to a certain point and then my knee pain would get so bad that we would have to let it calm down for a cpl weeks and start back from the beginning again. That happened 3 times.... at least.
They had told me I could walk on a treadmill and that's when I felt the 1st pain in my knee, a sharp shooting one. They than told me no treadmill.
I went from a 3 inch step to a 6 inch step one day and after the 3rd try on the 6 inch one I got a sharp, sharp pain in my knee and it ran all the way down the front of my leg.
It had never done that to that degree before.
After 4.5 months of therapy and not being able to progress to the level I should be at they have now ordered a MRI for this coming Monday.
I still walk with a pretty good limp. Most of the pain is right in the transplant site and I would give it a 6-7 when it hits that spot to shoot the pain.
Has anyone else experienced these problems?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:08:36 PM by Clell12 »