Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Ruptured quadriceps tendon and patella baja  (Read 407 times)

Offline J-K

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Ruptured quadriceps tendon and patella baja
« on: December 22, 2018, 04:37:07 PM »
Iíve operated my knee almost 13 months ago, it was a basic knee arthroscopic procedures. Iíve had problems whit jumpers knee and a medial plica that was removed during surgery.

After that everything went wrong, my knee just got worse than ever. I can today bend my knee about 70 degrees. Iíve have been on two ultrasonography, one MRI, one CT and one ďregularĒ X-ray.
It showed that my quadriceps tendon is partial ruptured, and that I have patella baja. My patella tendon is very shortened and thick.
These problems started after my surgery, and no one seems to know what went wrong.

My problem is that no one seems to know what to do, and no one have seen anything like this before. Theyíre talking about eventually another surgery, and a quadriceps reconstruction, and lengthening the patella tendons. But it isnít sure that they even are willing to operate at all.

Is it anyone that has been through something similar?

Offline PEB65A

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 61
Re: Ruptured quadriceps tendon and patella baja
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 01:10:48 PM »
JK,

I had 2 quad tendon rupture revision surgeries.  6 months after the 2nd surgery, I could not bend past 90 degrees. I consulted with a new surgeon.  He had have Xrays in a standing half squat position.  It was clear once we viewed the Xrays I had patella baja, caused by scaring of the patella tendon after the quad surgery. I had a TTO with extensive scar tissue debridement in Feb last year.  My bend is back to +135 degrees, but still have the extension lag due to the 40% quad tear remaining.  This coming March, I will have a quad revision with an allograph. 

Hang in there. 

Offline Barrjoe

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 64
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 12:16:09 AM »
Greetings all,
Iím in a similar boat as peb. Ruptured rt quad tendon Nov 2016. Re ruptured it late december 2016. Then, in March 2017, Pt girl thought it was tore again  and it was confirmed by doc. The first 2 time I did it I knew right away I did something but time number 3 I donít have a clue. Been getting along for 2 years now, but it ainít right. Also had a tkr on my left knee in July 2017. 

I wish I had some magical words for you, but the whole ordeal has sucked. I too need a transplant but putting it off, mostly out of fear.

Offline J-K

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »
Thank you for answering! My doctors have now decided to operate my knee, they are going to to the z-plasty method to lengthening my patellar tendon. One of my doctors have done the procedure once before, and the others have never even seen it before.
It seems like it's not such a common complication hear in Sweden, I can not find any information about it hear.

But they have told me that itís going to be a really though rehab after the surgery.

Offline PEB65A

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 05:19:46 PM »
Thank you for answering! My doctors have now decided to operate my knee, they are going to to the z-plasty method to lengthening my patellar tendon. One of my doctors have done the procedure once before, and the others have never even seen it before.
It seems like it's not such a common complication hear in Sweden, I can not find any information about it hear.

But they have told me that itís going to be a really though rehab after the surgery.
Hang in there.  I got sick and had to cancel my surgery in March.  I am now rescheduled for the end of this month.

support