Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Sharp electric shock pains in knees  (Read 207 times)

Offline GillyJay

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • 64 year old fit female. Had PKR March 2018.
Sharp electric shock pains in knees
« on: December 17, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »
Mornings, I've been having sharp electric shock pains randomly in my right knee on the inner side for the second time this year. That knee is worn and has OA but is ok and doesn't give me any problems normally  ie it's giving out etc.  I had a bout of this in July and saw the doc who told me to rest it (PRICE) and take anti inflams for a few days. After 5 days the symptoms went away. She said it was probably overuse. I had partial knee replacement on the other knee in March this year so by July I was back in the gym and working on recovery and doing a lot of power walking on the treadmill so I assumed that may have aggravated the non op knee given it had spent a year or so supporting the bad knee prep.However, today, I'm getting the sharp electric shock pains and tingles, again randomly in BOTH knees? I have recently upped the power walking in the gym to 45 mins three times a week, maybe thatís just too much for the non op knee? The sharp pain feel possibly like sort of nerve inflammation.
Has anyone any ideas or had this? I'm taking Ibuprofen which helps. Thanks GillyJay
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:19:36 AM by GillyJay, Reason: More info »
OA in both knees probably brought on by lifetime of various impact sports.
PKR on left knee 2018 after years of problems
March 2019 start of problems with right knee but with different symptoms.