Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: unrelenting knee pain  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Andrea_H

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
unrelenting knee pain
« on: April 21, 2004, 08:58:50 AM »
Hi there all you kneegeeks i need some help with finding out what's wrong with my left knee.

I have always had probelms with my knees, when i was an adolescent i had a particularly severe case of Osgood Schlatters disease, which seemed to be in my family because my brother also suffered from the same complaint.

Since the Osgoods went, which lasted until i was about 18 (a late developer my doctor said) i seem to keep getting an on off pain in my left knee which is getting progressively worse.

Now, 9 years later i have been to see 3 specialsts 2 of whom have said that i simply suffer from anterior knee pain and another who says i have the early stages of osteo arthritis.  I don't know what to believe.

So, if any of you guys can help here's my symptoms:

my knee seems to seize up, being really stiff and painful down the left side of the kneecap and what seems to be behind the keen.  When my knee is at it's worst i wake up in the morning (that's when the pain is worst) and i can barely pick up my leg and have a severe pain when walking down stairs or hills.  My knee also gets really hot and feels like it's throbbing and sounds really crunchy.

I've just had a few set of x-rays done but they didn't show anything, but the most recent set did show 3 small osteophytes.

Anyone out there got any clues...i've got 3 so-called top medical diagnosis and i still don't have a clue what's wrong with my knee and better still, what i can do to make it better - i'd just like to get rid of the pain and be able to walk properly...

thanks in advance for any help   ;D

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: unrelenting knee pain
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 07:50:21 PM »
Hey !!!

What x-rays have they done ordinary or Mri ?
Did they send you to a phys ? Did you get any painkillers like antiinflammatory ? If you feel this isn't enough for an answer go back or go see another doc.
At least you need some help.

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support