Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I HATE TO SOUND LIKE A WHOOSEY  (Read 2733 times)

Offline YAUBETCHA1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
I HATE TO SOUND LIKE A WHOOSEY
« on: October 22, 2002, 07:04:44 AM »
IM HAVE KNEE SURGERY THIS WEEK FOR A TORN MENISCUS.  ITS JUST ARTHROSCOPIC, AND I HEAR ITS NOT ALL THAT PAINFUL..BUT IM STILL NERVOUS...FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT [email protected] FOR ENCOURAGEMENT.  ID APPRECIATE IT.  AND CAN YOU TELL ME IF YOUVE HAD THIS DONE AND HOW LONG IT TOOK TO RECOOP?  I HAVE A VERY ACTIVE LITTLE BOY.  ITS GOING TO BE REALLY INTERESTING FOLKS.
THANKS
LINDA

Offline mungo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: I HATE TO SOUND LIKE A WHOOSEY
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 09:19:58 AM »
Dear Whoosey,
   You'll do GREAT.  Your kids keep you young.  You'll be like tigger in no time.  Be Careful  lowering and raising  yourself while going to the bathroom.  and don't be afraid dto ask for help.  It is OK to be human and get 'down' for a while to be 'up' for our family.  Good luck, Mungo

Offline YAUBETCHA1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 06:20:50 PM »
thanks mungo..big hugs.
how long does it usually take to heal from that kind of surgery?  a day or two?

Helen_uk

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 07:14:23 PM »
It is diferent for everyone and depends on whether he does anything when he scopes you but geenrally speaking you will be given crutches for the first few days but you will know when to not use them. After a scope I used to be off them after a few days. good luck and I am sure you will be fine with your little boy.
H xxx

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 07:38:58 PM »
Good luck for your surgery, it will be fine and you'll be surprised at how you worried before the surgery.

I've not has the same surgery but I can tell you worrying make it seem a lot worse, just think of something really nice and keep a great postive attitude and you'll see that it works wonders.

Good luck for the surgery again and hope your little boy doesn't wear you out too much

Iona xx

Offline YAUBETCHA1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 10:27:30 PM »
thanks..i appreciate the encouragement. ;) :D :)

Offline mungo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2002, 04:08:43 AM »
Dear Knee Person,
   If you have an arthriscopy that involves a LR.   you will be down for the count (easy two weeks)  Get help.  If it is a simple scoping to clean up the area, you could dance the next day.  
   Find out if you need an LR during your scope.  and worring keeps your healing energy at a minimum.   So keep positive.  Good Luck,  Mungo

Offline YAUBETCHA1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2002, 04:29:49 AM »
what is an lr

Offline mungo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2002, 08:00:55 AM »
Dear Whoosey,
 an L R is a lateral release.  Ask your OS. Love, Mungo

Offline opal

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2002, 10:48:38 PM »
Hey Linda

If your 'scope' is for torn meniscus, then you'll be on crutches for 3-4 days and then you'll steadily improve from there.  You may or may not need formal PT; ask your OS.  If he prescribes any home exercises, do them religiously...they will help you to regain quad muscle strength, essential!

Lateral Release is a procedure done for maltracking patellas; not necessary in the case of torn meniscus.  Don't worry about it!  

Best of luck!  When's the surgery?

Opal
7 arthroscopies on both knees since 1991; many torn menesci and plica syndrome; TTT 5/23/02 for maltracking patella.  Screws removed on 4/16/03!!!