Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: my lateral facetechomy and uncertain removal of ligaments video  (Read 177 times)

Offline Lee1984

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
my lateral facetechomy and uncertain removal of ligaments video
« on: December 08, 2018, 03:04:51 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyPzxaN0rk4&t=306s

This is a video of the preparation to my lateral factechomy of my patella on my left knee. It is a top view down distally to patella femoral joint. My doctor never told me of any preparation or removal of anything other than doing the facetechomy but these are the videos he gave me. To my understanding what he is cutting is the lateral and medial retinaculum or part there of but it seems to join from lateral to medial the tendon he is cutting and on all the images and cadaver images i have seen there is no tendon going across the bottom of the patella.

The problem is now in any twisting movements or when your on your toes or thereof i've got the good old stiff, tight and pulling feeling like there isn't anything to keep your knee stable in more serious movements.  I do not trust this dr and will never go back to him although i may just to ask him why he removed all these ligaments.

At 1:25 in the doctor starts removing the tendons, i am wondering what he is removing here and if anyone knows why he is? Also keeping partial hope that it can be fixed back up i have seen in some posts drs taking tendons from the illiotibial band and reconstructing the retinaculum (or was that the L and/or M PFL?).

I am seeing my original dr which took care of me before this dr soon, so I will get a answer but wanting to research into it as much as possible. I do know the retinaculum covers both sides of the patella underneath all the other ligaments and dr's do these lateral releases etc etc, but I never asked for any of that and I even got the surgical report which states only a lateral facetechomy was carried out.

You can also see the chondromalacia in the first minute of the video in the lateral part of my patella and I also have Wibergs III patella shown in recent scans after this operation where my patella is tilted up on the lateral side and basically almost flat on the medial side, where I am getting pain if I do any impact activities.

Thnx.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:32:51 AM by Lee1984, Reason: changed proximally to distally »
Left knee
- 2005 car crash garde IV lesion lateral femoral condyle
-2011 ACI, chondromalcia type result
-2013 lateral facistectomy of left patella

Right knee
- Bone bruise and blister in intercondylar notch

Offline Lee1984

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: my lateral facetechomy and uncertain removal of ligaments video
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 04:42:35 AM »
So maybe my question should be, is this the retinaculum?
Left knee

Right knee

Offline Lee1984

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: my lateral facetechomy and uncertain removal of ligaments video
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 04:56:33 AM »
I find out this is actually the plica or plicae which he is removing. And from what this site says some people have them some people dont, but I am pretty sure I need this unless it is arthrofibrosis, which I highly doubt. Also called the synovial plica or synovium (snovial sheath).
Left knee

Right knee