Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Conformis - iForma device and MRI  (Read 258 times)

Offline Osprey

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Conformis - iForma device and MRI
« on: November 16, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »
I had a Conformis iForma device put in my knee in 2008, so just had its 10th birthday.

Unrelated I have been asked to have a multi-parametric magnetic resonance imaging (mpMRI) scan on my prostrate.
My surgeon advises should be no problem, but the MRI facility will not proceed unless Conformis confirm it is either 100% Titanium or that it is MRI safe.

The MRI facility are not getting any response from Conformis .... I tried their web help, and got no response even after raising tickets with them
I then tried their FB page and eventually did get a response .... they would investigate ... then after a few days replied "unknown if MRI safe discuss with your MRI facility / surgeon"

Anybody know if Conformis iForma is MRI safe ... or a contact at Conformis where I can get a decision.
Don't quite like the ides of being in scanner and find IPD rips out of my knee.

However as the MRI is part of investigations into possible cancer growths, keen to progress if I can.

Online Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 350
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Conformis - iForma device and MRI
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »
You should ask your surgeon to contact the manufacturer directly. They will have specific contact points for medical professionals.

Good luck
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
More tears and wear, scope planned in Jan 2019 to tidy up

Offline Osprey

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Conformis - iForma device and MRI
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 06:48:00 PM »
Surgeon contacted Conformis agent in UK, and MRI team contacted Conformis in US.

The end result is Conformis are unable to say whether it is MRI safe or not.
Adding that as this has now been discontinued they can offer no other information.

That is a bit worrying about long term support over Conformis implants.

support