Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibeal Plateau Fracture  (Read 187 times)

Offline PatDog453

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tibeal Plateau Fracture
« on: November 16, 2018, 08:14:33 PM »
I was hoping to get some opinions on a tibeal plateau fracture that I suffered about 10 weeks ago. Couple of dogs got tangled up and my knee was twisted when I was separating them. Immediately had a lot of pain, and I limped home. Same knee that i had ACL repair on about 10 years ago. I went to the orthopedic surgeon, who did xrays and didnt see anything wrong, but did note that my ACL was loose. Had an MRI done which showed a tibeal plateau fracture. According to the doctor it was not displaced at all and the joint was lined up correctly. He sent me home and basically just told me to take it easy; no brace or crutches. This seemed weird to me to immediately be bearing weight on a fractured knee, but i followed his instructions. Today is exactly 10 weeks since the injury and I am still in a lot of pain along the joint line and in the back of the knee where the fracture is. I did go to PT last week and my ROM was pretty good. have 140 degrees flexion in the bad knee vs 145 in the good one. Extension is also pretty good. My main concern in the pain that i keep having. When i walk, its hurting, when i do PT, its hurting. Everything i see online is mostly regarding Fractures that required surgery. Does anyone have any experience with this type of fracture?

support